Infection Prevention & Control
Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention and Control
This Nationally recognised Qualification provides beginners with an opportunity to develop their skills, knowledge, understanding and responsibilities regarding infection prevention and control.
This is the perfect course for anyone who has responsibility within their job roles such as Hospital Workers, Care Assistants, Social Workers, and other Healthcare environments.
The Course will cover various topics, including common illnesses that can spread easily, to groups that are at higher risk of infection, and potential risks associated with infection. Further more it will cover how to minimise the spread of infection and the importance of risk assessment. Also covered is types of PPE, and employee/employer responsibilities.
This Course is based on the recommendations NHS Guidelines, Local Policies and National Occupational Standards.
- Understanding the importance of infection prevention and control
- Understand roles and responsibilities in infection prevention and control
- Know how to minimise the risk of infection
- Understand responsibilities of using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Understand the importance of good personal hygience
- Know how to follow the procedure for hand washing
Course Cost: TBC
Contact Hours: 5 Hours
Maximum Course Spaces: 16
Certificate: 3 Years
Minimum Age: 16 Years